TRAVEL PROTOCOLS & REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BAHAMAS
IMPORTANT UPDATES – New Rules in Effect for Vaccinated Travelers…
New Emergency Order outlines changes to indoor dining and travel requirements for fully vaccinated: To access the complete Emergency Powers (COVID 19 Pandemic) (Management and Recovery) Order, 2021 visit gov.bs.
Please Note: *All information is subject to change.
Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for protocols https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
- Effective May 1st 2021 Those traveling to The Bahamas from outside of The Bahamas will be exempt from taking a COVID 19 test if they are fully vaccinated and have passed the 2 week immunity period. All residents and travelers must still adhere to the social distancing and mask wearing protocols, but once fully vaccinated, they can resume indoor dining. Those within The Bahamas that have been fully vaccinated will be immediately exempt from COVID 19 test requirements when traveling throughout the Islands. Passengers are considered fully vaccinated if they received a vaccination certificate: The first Janssen vaccine dose at least 2 weeks before arrival. Or the Second AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine dose at least 2 weeks before arrival. Fully vaccinated travelers are still required to obtain a Travel Health Visa; International travel health visas for fully vaccinated citizens and residents are $10. Domestic travel visas for fully vaccinated travelers are free of charge.
- For non-vaccinated travelers, to enter The Bahamas, negative RTPCR COVID 19 molecular diagnostic test taken no longer than five (5) days from the date on which the test was taken, is required. (The day the test is taken is considered Day Zero.) The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
- Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test or proof of full vaccination, all travelers will then be required to apply for a Bahamas *Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs (click on the International Tab) where the required test must be uploaded. *If technical difficulties are experienced with the Health Travel Visa website, please call (242) 502-0829 or email email@example.com
- Passengers and airline crew must have an approved “Bahamas Travel Health Visa” with QR code obtained at www.travelgov.bs
- Quarantine Requirements- NIL
- Wear a face mask – On Aircraft, Entering and Transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- Follow physical distancing directions and hands sanitization requirements.
- Crew who will be in country over 24hrs will have to follow the protocols of all travelers above.
- Exemptions: https://travel.gov.bs/ – Option on the form – Exemption Type (If applicable).
- Children age ten (10) and under. Must have Bahamas Travel Health Visa to enter.
- Inter-island travel, except for those travelling from Grand Bahamas, New Providence & Eleuthera to another island.
- Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight (24 hrs.) in The Bahamas, Must have Bahamas Travel Health Visa to enter.
- Crew overnighting for less than 24 hours are required to complete the travel health visa (no charge)
- Crew remaining 24 hours or more are required to have a negative covid test (must be within 5 days) prior to arrival along with a travel health visa.
- Crew staying for a few hours Technical Refueling/Crew Rest flight are not required to have a covid test or a travel health visa.
The fine for submitting falsified vaccination records is $10,000 or two years imprisonment, or both.
Daily curfews have been lifted from all Family Islands where a curfew was in place – Abaco, Eleuthera and Exuma.
Grand Bahama’s daily curfew remains 11pm to 5am. The daily curfew on New Providence remains 10pm to 5am.
Under the new Order, the requirement has been removed for RT PCR COVID-19 testing for persons traveling from Abaco, Eleuthera and Exuma.
The RT PCR COVID-19 test requirement remains in place for persons traveling from New Providence and Grand Bahama, except in the case of fully vaccinated travelers who are exempted from the test requirement.
- For all non-vaccinated travelers staying 5-nights or more, it is mandatory to take a rapid antigen on day-5. For the avoidance of doubt the date of your arrival is considered day-1, independent of the time you arrive on that day. The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 20 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via a QR Code. Visitors departing on Day Five will not be required to obtain this test. Boaters who have entered The Bahamas and are out to sea on the fifth day are required to obtain an Antigen Test at the first port of call thereafter. As a condition of entry into The Bahamas, traveler agrees to complete the Daily Health Survey for a period of 14-days beginning on the day of arrival or the duration of a travelers stay, if less than 14 days.
A traveler that answers yes to close contact or acknowledges symptoms in response to the Daily Health Survey, are required to immediately take a rapid antigen test at their own expense and must receive a negative result. Should a traveler receive a positive result they will be immediately subject to the quarantine protocols.
Compliance with the daily Health Survey is mandatory and those that fail to comply will be subject to penalties.
Citizens and residents who refuse to complete the daily Health Survey will be required to submit to a mandatory quarantine at a government identified facility at their own expense.
Visitors who refuse to complete the daily Health Survey will be deported.
- To access the complete Emergency Powers (COVID 19 Pandemic) (Management and Recovery) Order, 2021 visit gov.bs.
All passengers traveling into the United States by air are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status. Frequently Asked Questions – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Testing locations for re-entering the US at airports where Odyssey Aviation provides services.
MYNN – Odyssey Aviation Nassau | MYNN Lynden Pindling International Airport (www.odysseyaviation.com) – (ON-SITE Testing)
Covid Testing: Family Medicine Center, located at our facility providing Covid-19 Antigen testing for our clients by appointment and/or walk-in. VIP testing available (additional fees apply). https://www.familymedicinecenter.org/covid-test/
MYEM & MYER – Odyssey Aviation Governor’s Harbour | MYEM Governor’s Harbour International Airport & Odyssey Aviation Rock Sound | MYER Rock Sound International Airport
Family Medicine Center have a second location in Eleuthera and provides Covid 19 Antigen Testing via appointments and walk-in at their clinic for persons travelling in and out of MYEM & MYER. Call out service & VIP testing available (additional fees apply).
MYEF – Odyssey Aviation Exuma | MYEF Exuma International Airport
We have partnered with DI-ARA Comprehensive Medical Center on Main land Exuma and they provide Covid19 Antigen Testing via appointments and walk-in at their clinics for persons travelling in and out of MYEF. Concierge services also available for booking (additional fees apply).
DI-ARA COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL CENTER –(2 Locations) EMERALD BAY & Georgetown, Exuma
- Emerald Bay Plaza, Farmer’s Hill, Great Exuma (Opposite Sandals and Grand Isles)
- Georgetown, Great Exuma(Directly behind H G Christie across the street from the Peace and Plenty Hotel)
M-F: 9:00AM – 5:00PM | Weekends: Concierge upon request.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS –
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1200UTC – 2100L/0200UTC
FAMILY ISLAND LOCATIONS – 0700L/1300UTC – 1700L/2200UTC
MYEF (Exuma) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note Odyssey Aviation MYSM ceased operation October 31, 2020. Handling arrangement for MYSM can be arranged by contacting our Exuma (MYEF location) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
MYNN – 1901L/0001UTC – 0659L/1159UTC
Family Island Locations – MYEF, MYEM & MYER – 1701L/2201UTC – -0659L/1159UTC
Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Please keep checking links for updates on the latest news regarding entry protocols, curfews and restrictions. Requirements can change overnight depending on the Islands that you are visiting…
- Information for boaters – https://bahamasmarinas.com/
More useful links-
- IATA https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.html
- NATA- https://www.nata.aero/pressrelease/cdc-order-imposes-covid-19-entry-testing-requirements-for-all-arriving-air-travelers
- World Fuel Trip Support- https://aviation.wfscorp.com/resources/alerts/general/americas-caribbean-covid-19-trip-support-updates
- US Embassy, Nassau – https://bs.usembassy.gov/health-alert-the-bahamas/
- For various nations- https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice?fbclid=IwAR0yTi7AsQtT4Ql3mJezunDvSxh0XGyR8AwvQ2jT9Wsp-N2PqlyEpcp8kw4
- For UK and commonwealth- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- LPIA- https://nassaulpia.com/lpia-covid-19-fact-sheet/?fbclid=IwAR2uAcMHGal3px_ZpJKsC79hM4YbEZ8VFl4SiMtbWGunbQrnv0Pf5r4PqKE
Any other questions, or info needed regarding testing at our locations in Eleuthera and Exuma please Call Us!
Nassau- (242) 702 0200- email@example.com
Eleuthera- (242) 702 0233 or (242) 557 0227 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Exuma- (242) 702 0261 or (242) 345 0308 – email@example.com
Please Note: *All information is subject to change.
We thank you for choosing Odyssey Aviation as your Flight Service Partner and for your continued support. Kindly review and please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.
Please follow us for all the latest updates-