ODYSSEY AVIATION BAHAMAS OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
*Subject to Change
To Our Valued Partners,
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines. Please refer to government websites for detailed information.
From The Government Of The Bahamas: Mandatory Vacation-in-Place Requirement is Replaced by COVID-19 Health Insurance, Monitoring Procedures, and On-Island Rapid Testing for Those Staying Longer Than Five Days.
The BAHAMAS WILL REQUIRE ALL TRAVELLERS TO:
- Obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival.
- Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at https://travel.gov.bs
- For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5).Day # 5 COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Sites- https://www.bahamas.com/day-five-covid-19-testing-sites
- Always wear a mask and always social distance in public places.
In addition, beginning 14 November 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travellers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
Prior to Travel:
- COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
All persons travelling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival. The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
Children age ten (10) and under.
Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
- Bahamas Health Travel Visa
Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result, apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at https://travel.gov.bs/
Click on the International Tab and upload test results and other required documents.
Fees for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows:
$40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days.
$40 – Citizens and returning residents.
$60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
Free – Children 10 years and under
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for protocols – & https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights (Grand Bahama included).
- Private Pilots arriving and will be in country for less than 24 hours even if overnighting are requested to complete the Bahamas Travel Health Visa https://travel.gov.bs/ and upload their pilot Identification. If you are in Country for less than 24 hours you do not require a RT-PCR Covid-19 Molecular Swab Test with negative results from an accredited lab.
- Children Ten (10) years old and under are not required to take a test.
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
SEA AND AIRPORTS WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE AND THERE WILL BE NO INTERRUPTION TO FLIGHTS. The measures outlined above have no effect on air travel.
These measures are being taken in order to reduce our case numbers in preparation for the broader opening of the tourism sector.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- Comply with health monitoring procedures:
- Any visitor who exhibits Covid-19 symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and received negative results before being permitted to continue their vacation.
- If a person test positive they will be require to follow up with a Covid-19 RT PCR test
- Travellers who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four(4) nights/five(5) days will be required to take a rapid Covid-19 antigen test. All visitors on or before day five(5) will not be required to obtain this test. The rapid test are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
Inter-Island Travel To & Within Family Islands.
Prior approval is required for flights – request to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For more information visit https://www.opm.gov.bs/ All travelers traveling within the Bahamas from New Providence, are required to complete an electronic Health Visa prior to departure https://travel.gov.bs/domestic . Any airline or sea vessel operator who permits a passenger to board without wearing a face mask and without an approved Health Visa will face a fine per passenger not in compliance.
- Charters are allowed, including inter-island charters, provided that individuals comply with the inter-island travel Orders.
- Inter-island commercial air travel has resumed.
- COVID-19 negative test results are no longer required for inter-island travel, except for those travelling from New Providence .
- Travelling from New Providence to any family island, you will have to obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR negative test result and on arrival to the island you will be required to quarantine for 14 days .
- To be clear, if individuals travel to New Providence and seek to return to any other island they will be required to obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR negative test result and will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival at their destination.
The Bahamas is an archipelago with more than 700 islands and cays, spread over 100,000 square miles, which means conditions and instances of the virus can be different on each of the 16 islands available to welcome visitors. Travelers should check the status of their island destination before travelling by visiting Bahamas.com/travelupdates where they can also review entry requirements applicable to each member of their party before booking a trip.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAY A WEEK BEGINNING November 1, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1200 UTC – 1900L/0000 UTC
- Family Island Locations – 0700L/1300 UTC – 1700L/2200 UTC
- MYEF (Exuma) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
- MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) email@example.com
- Kindly note Odyssey Aviation San Salvador MYSM ceased operation October 31, 2020. Handling arrangement for MYSM can be arranged by contacting our Exuma (MYEF location) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
- After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Please note: *All info is Subject to Change!
*Please keep checking the following websites for the latest updates on entry protocols, curfews and restrictions for the Island that you may be traveling to…
Information for boaters – https://bahamasmarinas.com/
Thank you for your understanding.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to being of service. Please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.
Wishing you a great day.