To Our Valued Partners,
We hope you are well and keeping safe and healthy.
*All Information Subject to Change*
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
Please refer to government websites for detailed information.
Please find attached Prime Minister National Address – December 6, 2020 – https://opm.gov.bs/national-address-sunday-6-december-2020/
Emergency Orders https://opm.gov.bs/emergency-powers-covid-19-pandemic-risk-management-no-3-order-2020/
PROTOCOLS BEGINNING NOVEMBER 1, 2020
Mandatory Vacation-in-Place Requirement is Replaced by COVID-19 Health Insurance, Monitoring Procedures, and On-Island Rapid Testing for Those Staying Longer Than Five Days.
Full update and FAQ – https://www.bahamas.com/pressroom/islands-bahamas-announces-updated-travel-and-entry-protocols
https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening-faq ; https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
The BAHAMAS WILL REQUIRE ALL TRAVELLERS TO:
1. Obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival.
2. Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa -minors included at https://travel.gov.bs
3. For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
4. Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5). https://travel.gov.bs/testingcenters
5. Always wear a mask and always social distance in public places.
In addition, beginning 14 November 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
Prior to Travel:
1. COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
All persons travelling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival.
The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
2. Exemptions: https://travel.gov.bs/ – Option on the form – Exemption Type (If applicable).
Children age ten (10) and under. (NOTE: All children (including infants) must be registered on one of the parents records. Once completed, Health visas application must be completed.)
Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
Inter-island travel, except for those travelling from Exuma, Grand Bahamas & New Providence to another island.
3. Bahamas Health Travel Visa
Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result, apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at https://travel.gov.bs/
(NOTE: All Children (including infants) must be registered on one of the parents records. Once completed, Health visas application must be completed.)
Click on the International Tab and upload test results and other required documents.
Fees for the International Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows:
$40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days.
$40 – Citizens and returning residents.
$60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
Free – Children 10 years and under
• Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for protocols https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
• International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
• US Military & Emergency Medical Flights.
• Private Pilots arriving and will be in country for less than 24 hours even if overnighting are requested to complete the Bahamas Travel Health Visa https://travel.gov.bs/ and upload their pilot Identification. If you are in Country for less than 24 hours you do not require a RT-PCR Covid-19 Molecular Swab Test with negative results from an accredited lab. Option on the form – Exemption Type (If applicable).
• Children Ten (10) years old and under are not required to take a test. https://travel.gov.bs/ – Option on the form – Exemption Type (If applicable). (NOTE: All children (including infants) must be registered on one of the parents records. Once completed, Health visas application must be completed.)
• Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
o Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
o Comply with health monitoring procedures:
o Any visitor who exhibits Covid-19 symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and received negative results before being permitted to continue their vacation.
o If a person test positive they will be require to follow up with a Covid-19 RTPCR test
o Travelers who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four(4) nights/five(5) days will be required to take a rapid Covid-19 antigen test. All visitors on or before day five(5) will not be required to obtain this test. The rapid test are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email. https://travel.gov.bs/testingcenters
o All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
o Follow physical distancing directions.
New Providence, Abaco, Eleuthera, Exuma & Grand Bahamas Only – Checkout the Interactive Island Guide at https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening – Interactive Island Guide – click on Island
• Effective December 1, 2020 – Curfew for New Providence, Abaco, Eleuthera, Exuma & Grand Bahama will extend Monday through Sunday from 2200L / 0200UTC to 0500L / 1000UTC the following morning.
Inter-Island Travel To & Within Family Islands.
Prior approval is required for flights – request to be forwarded to email@example.com
• (For more information visit https://www.opm.gov.bs/ . All travelers traveling within the Bahamas are required to complete an electronic Health Visa prior to departure https://travel.gov.bs/domestic . Any airline or sea vessel operator who permits a passenger to board without wearing a face mask and without an approved Health Visa will face a fine per passenger not in compliance. Checkout the Interactive Island Guide at https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
• Charters are allowed, including inter-island charters – must comply with the inter-island travel Orders.
• Inter-island commercial air travel has resumed.
• COVID-19 negative test results are no longer required for inter-island travel, except for those travelling from Grand Bahamas & New Providence to another island.
• Travelling from New Providence & Grand Bahama to any family island, you will be required to obtain the travel visa, complete the daily health questionnaire and take the Rapid Antigen Test on the fifth day after their travel.
• A person who has entered the Bahamas and transiting through New Providence to a Family Island within a period of less than 24-hours shall not be required to obtain a further travel health visa or to submit to mandatory quarantine.
• Travelers who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four(4) nights/five(5) days will be required to take a rapid Covid-19 antigen test. All visitors on or before day five(5) will not be required to obtain this test. The rapid test are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email. https://travel.gov.bs/testingcenters
To be clear, if individuals travel to New Providence and seek to return to any other island they will be required to obtain a COVID-19 RTPCR negative test result and a domestic travel visa and will be required to complete the daily health questionnaire and take the Rapid Antigen Test on the fifth day after their travel.
The Bahamas is an archipelago with more than 700 islands and cays, spread over 100,000 square miles, which means conditions and instances of the virus can be different on each of the 16 islands available to welcome visitors. Travelers should check the status of their island destination before travelling by visiting Bahamas.com/travelupdates, where they can also review entry requirements applicable to each member of their party before booking a trip.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAY A WEEK BEGINNING December 2, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1200UTC – 2100L/0200UTC
- Family Island Locations – 0700L/1300UTC – 1700L/2200UTC
- MYEF (Exuma) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
- MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note Odyssey Aviation MYSM ceased operation October 31, 2020. Handling arrangement for MYSM can be arranged by contacting our Exuma (MYEF location) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
- After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
MYNN – 1901L/0001UTC – 0659L/1159UTC
Family Island Locations – MYEF, MYEM & MYER – 1701L/2201UTC – -0659L/1159UTC
Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Please keep checking URL links above and following for updates on the latest news regarding entry protocols, curfews and restrictions.
Requirements can change overnight depending on the Islands that you are visiting…
• Information for boaters – https://bahamasmarinas.com/
Thank you for your understanding of the same. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
Please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.
We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful Bahamas!