To Our Valued Partners,
Trust all is well and you are all keeping safe and healthy.
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas.
Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
On Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 we entered into Phase 2 of the Tourism Plan. Our international borders re-opened for international commercial flights – https://www.bahamas.com/sites/default/files/bahamas_re-entry_frequently_asked_questions_updated_7_6_20.pdf
All Islands Of The Bahamas Reopened to International Travel. Visitors Must Present Negative COVID-19 PCR Molecular Swab Test and Complete an Electronic Health Visa to be Granted Entry.
Until Further Notice – THE BELOW GUIDELINES REPLACE ALL PREVIOUS PROTOCOLS.
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors.
Requirements for Aircrafts, Passengers and Crews entering the Bahamas.
Prior to Arrival
- COVID19 PCR Molecular Swab Test with Negative Result (Required until further Notice)
- Effective July 7, 2020 test must be taken within a window of up to 7 days before travel to The Bahamas. To clarify, the date the test is administered is day 1.
- Test results must be uploaded to online travel health form and presented upon arrival.
- Select Individuals will be Exempt From Testing, which includes:-
- Children under the age of two (2). Children between 3 and 10 must take a test, unless proof is presented upon arrival that state/county does not administer tests for children in this age range.
- Private pilots who do not deplane.
- Bahamians and Residents – Because of the difficulty in obtaining a PCR COVID-19 test result within three days, Bahamians and residents returning home from a trip abroad over a period of 72 hours or less are exempted from having to provide a PCR COVID-19 negative test result to re-enter the country. However, these travelers will have to quarantine for two weeks upon their return home. The period of quarantine time may be reduced if the traveler opts to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival in The Bahamas and the result is negative. The traveler will be responsible for the cost of the test.
- All Travellers must submit a travel health form online at https://travel.gov.bs/international
- Forms must be filled out prior to travel.
- User will receive an automate response.
- Failure to comply with the test requirements and health form submission will result in denied entry.
- Please review automated document received after completion of Travel Health Visa to ensure you have been approved to enter the country.
- No Quarantine Required
- Bahamians and residents returning to The Bahamas from countries where they cannot obtain the COVID 19 RTPCR test, may be permitted entry. However, they must clearly demonstrate that the test was unavailable. They will also be subject to mandatory quarantine for fourteen days upon arrival in The Bahamas. However, these travelers will have to quarantine for two weeks upon their return home. The period of quarantine time may be reduced if the traveler opts to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival in The Bahamas and the result is negative. The traveler will be responsible for the cost of the test.
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights.
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- (Passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation).
- All persons entering the country will continue to be monitored by the Ministry of Health.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
- Inter-Island Travel To Family Islands (For more information visit OPM.GOV.BS ). Passengers travelling from New Providence, Grand Bahama and Bimini by aircraft, mailboat or passenger ferry will be required to complete a standardized travel form and a standardized health form online https://travel.gov.bs/domestic or at the time of check-in. These forms will be used to collect contact information and a COVID19 risk assessment for health officials.
HOURS Of OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAYS A WEEK BEGINNING JUNE 8, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) – info@mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700L/1100UTC – 1900L/2300UTC.
- Family Island Locations – 0800L/1200UTC – 1600L/2000UTC.
- After-Hour operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Thank you for your understanding of the same. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Bahamas and being of service.
Wishing you a great day.