Odyssey Aviation is a network of privately owned Fixed Base Operations (FBO) and Ground Handling Service Stations serving the world’s private aviation community throughout the Bahamas and the United States.
The Bahamas Locations
- Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport, New Providence (MYNN) Learn More
- Exuma International Airport, Exuma (MYEF) Learn More
- Governor’s Harbour International Airport, Eleuthera (MYEM) Learn More
- Rock Sound International Airport, Eleuthera (MYER) Learn More
Odyssey Aviation Bahamas is the largest and most trusted provider of general aviation services in The Bahamas, with operations at four airports on three islands. Odyssey Aviation Nassau, the largest of the Bahamas locations, is consistently voted Best FBO in the Bahamas and one of the top FBOs in the Caribbean. 24 hour service can be requested at all locations. All airports are ports-of-entry with customs and immigration. All locations are Rubis branded suppliers of Jet-A1 Fuel. Nassau and Exuma locations have customs and immigration in their facilities and offer AvGas.
The United States Locations
- Detroit’s Willow Run Airport (KYIP) Learn More
- Orlando’s Kissimmee Gateway Airport (KISM) Learn More
Odyssey Aviation United States currently offers FBO services in two locations in the United States with plans for growth. Both locations are World Fuel branded and offer customs and immigration and hangar rental. Odyssey Aviation Kissimmee offers aircraft maintenance.
Customer Service Excellence
Our people and their personal commitment to service excellence truly define who we are. We recognize our vital role as partners in the flight experience whether we are supporting a small corporate flight department or a large charter company. From arranging landing permits to greeting aircraft and escorting passengers through customs and immigration, we are dedicated to creating the safest and most efficient experience as your flight service partner.
Safety Standards and Certifications
Safety is paramount to the success of our service product and the experience of our clients. Odyssey Aviation has dedicated in-house Safety Managers at FBO locations to maintain and advance our safety practices. All Odyssey Aviation Line Service Technicians are trained and currently certified in NATA’s Safety 1st Professional Line Service Training (PLST). Learn More Odyssey Aviation Bahamas FBOs are also Gulfstream Safety Certified.
Paragon Aviation Group Member
Odyssey Aviation Nassau (MYNN), Odyssey Aviation Exuma (MYEF), and Odyssey Aviation Detroit (KYIP) are members of the Paragon Aviation Group, an elite membership of independent FBOs that provide a first-class experience to general aviation travelers in North America and Ireland. Learn More
The Odyssey Aviation Bahamas Journey
In 1997, Steven Kelly, CEO of Odyssey Aviation Bahamas, and his partners, wanted to embark on a new challenge in an industry that was foreign to them. They purchased and revitalized an existing FBO and opened as Nassau Jet Centre. One of two FBOs at Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport, they recognized the need to differentiate and enhance the service product and safety practices.
In 1998 they joined the Million Air chain of FBOs as Million Air Nassau in order to align the product with the safety and service expectations of the most distinguished FBOs in the United States and Canada.
In 2008, with growth on the horizon, the team agreed to assume a new endeavor and diversify themselves as an independent FBO.
The Odyssey Aviation United States Journey
Ken Allison, CEO of Odyssey Aviation United States, grew up with aviation in his blood. He and his partners opened their first FBO at the Chicago Midway International Airport in the 80’s. Acquiring seven FBOs in total over the next twenty years, there was a need for unification. Ultimately all locations joined the Million Air franchise to help the teams gain knowledge in safety and bring consistency to the FBO product.
In 2008, Ken and his team parted ways with the franchise to create their own private brand returning to the principles that can only be realized under private ownership.
The Odyssey Aviation Partnership
At the end of 2007, with a bright prospect of something new for both companies, the idea for the joint venture was an easy one for Steven and Ken. They had become close confidants and together they would discuss best practices and the direction of the industry. Moreover, during the previous decade their companies had partnered in joint marketing efforts. The two business owners shared a vision to create an organization with a business model designed to partner with the customer. In 2008, the Odyssey Aviation brand was created highlighting the tagline “Your Flight Service Partner.”
With the sustained success of the Nassau FBO, Odyssey Aviation Bahamas opened four additional locations in the Out Islands to complete the Bahamas chain as it is today. (The Out Islands are the islands that make up the Bahamas with the exception of New Providence Island and Grand Bahama Island. They are sometimes also referred to as family islands.)
In 2011, Ken sold the seven continental US locations but he quickly realized that he did not want to retire. In 2015, he purchased two FBOs along with longtime friends and industry veterans, Blake Fish and Sal Calvino. They plan to further grow the number of locations under the Odyssey Aviation brand. Joining forces creates a strong network that leverages the skills and fortes of both companies to enhance the commitment to be “Your Flight Service Partner”.
Click here for Official Press Release: Odyssey Aviation Partnership 2017
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in the Professional Pilot FBO Survey in 2021- (MYEF)
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2021
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2020
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2019
- #1 Paragon Aviation Network FBO Member Of The Year 2019
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2018
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards FBO Survey in 2018
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in the Professional Pilot Survey in 2017
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2017
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards 2017
- #1 Best FBO in The Bahamas in the Professional Pilot Survey in 2016
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards in 2016
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2016
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2015
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards in 2015
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards in 2014
- #1 Best FBO in the Bahamas in the Professional Pilot Survey in 2014
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2013
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards in 2013
- #1 Best FBO in the Caribbean in the FltPlan.com Pilot Choice Awards in 2012
- #1 Best FBO in The Bahamas in Aviation International News FBO Survey in 2012