To Our Valued Customers,
Please see below Latest Bahamas Travel Update. SUBJET TO CHANGE:
BAHAMAS MINISTRY OF TOURISM, INVESTMENTS & AVIATION STATEMENT ON UPDATED TESTING PROTOCOLS
The Bahamas has suspended the mandatory RT-PCR testing requirement for vaccinated travellers, which was expected to take effect on 7 January 2022. Vaccinated persons, as well as children ages 2-11, may continue to present either a negative Rapid Antigen Test or negative RT-PCR Test.
In addition, effective 4 January 2022, all persons remaining in The Bahamas for longer than 48 hours will be required to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test, regardless of vaccination status.
Details of the protocol changes are as follows:
- All those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries, whether fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival in The Bahamas.
- Vaccinated travellers and all children between the ages of 2- 11, can present either a negative Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test.
- All unvaccinated travellers, ages 12 and older, must present a negative RT-PCR Test (acceptable tests include NAAT, PCR, RNA, RT-PCR and TMA).
- All children under the age of two are exempt from any testing requirements.
- 48 Hour COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test: Effective 4 January 2022, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required for all travellers staying in The Bahamas longer than 48 hours (two (2) nights), regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors departing on or before 48 hours will not be required to obtain this test.
- This test replaces the existing Day-5 Rapid Antigen Test.
- An island-by-island list of approved testing sites is available at Bahamas.com/travelupdates.
For full details, please visit Bahamas.com/travelupdates.
Exemptions https://travel.gov.bs/ – Option on the form – Exemption Type (If applicable).
- Children – All children, under the age of 2, are exempt from any testing requirements. Visitors under the age of 2 must have Bahamas Travel Health Visa to enter.
- Crew overnighting for less than 24 hours are required to complete the travel health visa (no charge)
- Crew staying for a few hours Technical Refueling/Crew Rest flight are not required to have a Covid test or a travel health visa.
- Visitors and airline crew must have an approved “Bahamas Travel Health Visa” with QR code obtained at www.travelgov.bs
- Quarantine Requirements- NIL
- Wear a face mask – On Aircraft, Entering and Transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country is subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- Follow physical distancing directions and hands sanitization requirements.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – Monday – Friday – 0600/1200UTC – 2300L/0400UTC. Saturday & Sunday – 0600/1200UTC – 2300L/0400UTC.
FAMILY ISLAND LOCATIONS – 0700L/1200UTC – 1700L/2200UTC
MYEF (Exuma) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) firstname.lastname@example.org
After-Hour Operations – Effective November 20, 2021. Request for flights will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
MYNN – 2101L/0201UTC – 0659L/1259UTC
Family Island Locations – MYEF, MYEM & MYER – 1701L/2201UTC – 0659L/1159UTC
Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Departing The Bahamas to United States
For full details on the latest requirements for entering the U.S., please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html
Testing locations for re-entering the US at airports where Odyssey Aviation provides services.
MYNN – Odyssey Aviation Nassau | MYNN Lynden Pindling International Airport (www.odysseyaviation.com) – (ON-SITE Testing)
Family Medicine Center will be based in our facility -Covid-19 Antigen testing for our clients by appointment and/or walk-in. VIP testing available (additional fees apply). https://www.familymedicinecenter.org/covid-test/
Family Medicine Center have a second location in Eleuthera and provides Covid 19 Antigen and RTPCR Testing via appointments and walk-in at their clinic for persons travelling in and out of MYEM & MYER.
MYEF – Odyssey Aviation Exuma | MYEF Exuma International Airport. We have partnered with DI-ARA Comprehensive Medical Center on Mainland Exuma and they provide Covid19 Antigen Testing via appointments and walk-in at their clinics for persons travelling in and out of MYEF. Concierge services also available for booking (additional fees apply).
DI-ARA COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL CENTER –(2 Locations) EMERALD BAY & GeorgetowN, Exuma – (242) 358-4042 M-F: 9:00AM – 5:00PM | Weekends: Concierge upon request
Emerald Bay Plaza, Farmer’s Hill, Great Exuma (Opposite Sandals and Grand Isles)
Georgetown, Great Exuma (Directly behind H G Christie, across the street from the Peace and Plenty Hotel)
Before traveling: Please keep checking The Bahamas Government links for updates on the latest news regarding entry protocols, curfews and restrictions.
Requirements can change overnight depending on the Islands that you are visiting.
- Information for boaters – https://bahamasmarinas.com/
More useful links-
- US Embassy, Nassau – COVID-19 Information for The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands | U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas (usembassy.gov)
- LPIA – LPIA COVID-19 Fact Sheet – Lynden Pindling International Airport (nassaulpia.com)
To learn more, please visit: https://travel.gov.bs/
We thank you for choosing Odyssey Aviation as your Flight Service Partner and for your continued support.