Odyssey Dorian Relief Fund
Odyssey has set-up a fund called ‘Odyssey Dorian Relief’ to assist with various costs associated with the enormous relief effort for the Northern Islands of the Bahamas.
Rapid airlift ability is critical in the initial days and will be in the months ahead, the Bahamas Private Aviation Community and many Florida based aviation partners, NGO’s and many other aid agencies will be contributing countless man-hours and equipment to the relief effort.
The Bahamian Government and NEMA Bahamas, (National Emergency Management Agency) are managing of all of the hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation MYNN is the primary launch site for much of the hurricane relief airlift, acting as a base for support teams, first responders and the procurement and distribution of much needed relief supplies.
Information regarding Aviation Support Donations. Please find the instructions for ‘Odyssey Dorian Relief’
- Odyssey Dorian Relief – Donations and (BFL Shipping info) – USA & Bahamas, wire banking instructions, (shipping info for Bahamas Freight Logistics, (B.F.L.))
- Odyssey Dorian – USA tax deductible donations information – Tax-deductible donation info for U.S. taxpayers.
- Drop Off Locations In FLORIDA – Other donation drop-off locations in FL, for extra-large shipments (Freight too big for B.F.L.)
- List of Relief Supplies Needed – Although, financial support for aviation relief is the most vital at this juncture.
We would also appreciate if you could circulate this message to other people who want to help the Northern Islands of Bahamas rebuild.
With deepest thanks,
Odyssey Aviation Bahamas
Odyssey Aviation Bahamas, (MYNN) has been given the status of a ‘Local Approved Relief Group’ endorsement from The Bahamas Government.
For all recognized agencies visit www.doriansupport.org
Odyssey Aviation Bahamas is listed in sections – Emergency Relief, Charitable and Official Transport Agencies.
Please follow our Facebook page for updates – https://www.facebook.com/OdysseyAviation/
IMPORT PROCESS FOR HURRICANE RELIEF SUPPLIES
Duty Free Customs Forms available here.
Under the Hurricane Dorian Exigency Order of September 2, 2019
Under the Exigency Order, hurricane relief supplies can be imported into The Bahamas duty free and VAT free based on the conditions outlined in the Order. Importers must complete a simple, one-page application form to benefit from these tax breaks. The Bahamas Customs clearance process has also been simplified to facilitate the smooth release of hurricane relief supplies. There are three simple steps:
- Complete an Exigency Order Application Form
- Complete Relevant Customs Declaration Form
- Present Documents to Customs at Port of Entry for on-site clearance and approval
For Pilots wanting to help: TEMPORARY FLIGHT AUTHORIZATION