To Our Valued Partners,
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
On August 17, 2020 our Prime Minister addressed our nation and advised based on health indicators and risk criteria, the Government has taken a localized response to fight against COVID-19.
Differential treatment for our family of islands is being applied depending on the indicators and risk criteria identified by our health professionals.
- Level One: low risk, no lockdown of curfew in place (Acklins, Chub Cay, Crooked Island, Inagua, Long Cay, Long Island, Mayaguana, Ragged Island, and Rum Cay)
- Level Two: high risk, Emergency Powers (COVID19 Pandemic) (Lockdown) Order 2020 is in effect (all other islands and cays)
- Level Three: grave/critical risk, Emergency Powers (COVID19 Pandemic) (Lockdown) Order 2020 and other island-specific lock down measures are in effect (Grand Bahama and New Providence).
A further update with reference to protocols were advised on Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
Kindly refer to the websites below for The Bahamas Covid19 restrictions, protocols and updates.
All Islands Of The Bahamas with Ports of Entry with the exception of Grand Bahamas are open to Private International flights and charters. Prior approval for flights into Grand Bahama is required – request to be forwarded to email@example.com .
All Persons ( Bahamians, Residents, Home Owners & Visitors) Must Present Negative RT-PCR COVID-19 Test from an accredited lab within 10 days of arrival, Complete an Electronic Health Visa and receive approval prior to arrival to be Granted Entry. 14-day mandatory Quarantine is required.
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for detailed protocols – https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights (Grand Bahama included).
- Private Pilots arriving and will be in country for less than 24 hours even if overnighting are requested to complete the Bahamas Travel Health Visa https://travel.gov.bs/ and upload their pilot Identification. If you are in Country for less than 24 hours you do not require a RT-PCR Covid-19 Molecular Swab Test with negative results from an accredited lab but you will have to quarantine at you hotel facility.
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- (Passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation).
- All persons entering the country will continue to be monitored by the Ministry of Health.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
- Inter-island travel is not permitted without prior approval from BCAA – firstname.lastname@example.org .
- (For more information visit https://www.opm.gov.bs ). All travelers traveling within the Bahamas are required to complete an electronic Health Visa prior to departure https://travel.gov.bs/domestic or at the time of check-in.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAY A WEEK BEGINNING JULY 27, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1100UTC – 1800L/2200UTC
- Family Island Locations – 0800L/1200UTC – 1700L/2100UTC
- MYSM(San Salvador) mysm@Odysseyaviation.com
- MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) email@example.com
- After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Priorapproval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Thank you for your understanding of the same. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to being of service.
Wishing you a great day.