To Our Valued Partners,
Trust all is well and you are all keeping safe and healthy.
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
On August 3, 2020 our Prime Minister addressed our national and a number of measures are being reinstated to Bahamas Protocols with reference to COVID-19.
The global COVID-19 pandemic is in a new and more dangerous stage at home and abroad. Over the past two weeks, health officials have seen an increase in a number of indicators that point to the need for a national lockdown. Therefore acting on the advice of health officials, the following actions will take effect – a national lockdown for the entire country commencing Tuesday, 4 August 2020 at 10 p.m. Full remarks here: https://bit.ly/3i7q1tw
Of Note – There is No Change in the travel policy as outlined in the most recent Emergency Powers Order.
Kindly refer to the Ministry of Tourism & Office of the Prime Minister websites below for The Bahamas Covid-19 restrictions, protocols and updates.
For questions, contact the Ministry of Tourism COVID-19 travel hotline at +1-242-502-0829, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm EST.
All Islands Of The Bahamas with Ports of Entry with the exception of *Grand Bahamas, are open to Private International Flights and Charters. (*Subject to Change)
All Persons (Bahamian, Residents, Home Owners & Visitors) Must Present Negative RT-PCR COVID-19 Test from an accredited lab and complete an Electronic Health Visa and receive approval to be Granted Entry.
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for protocols – https://travel.gov.bs/international
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights (Grand Bahama included).
- Private Pilots arriving and will be in country for less than 24 hours even if overnighting are requested to complete the Bahamas Travel Health Visa https://travel.gov.bs/ and upload their pilot Identification. If you are in Country for less than 24 hours you do not require a RT-PCR Covid-19 Molecular Swab Test with negative results from an accredited lab but you will have to quarantine at you hotel facility.
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- (Passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation).
- All persons entering the country will continue to be monitored by the Ministry of Health.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
Inter-Island Travel To Family Islands with the exception of Grand Bahamas
- (For more information visit https://www.opm.gov.bs ). All travelers traveling within the Bahamas are required to complete an electronic Health Visa prior to departure https://travel.gov.bs/domestic or at the time of check-in. Any airline or sea vessel operator who permits a passenger to board without wearing a face mask and without an approved Health Visa will face a fine of $500 per passenger not in compliance.
- Effective Tuesday, July 28, 2020 @ 1900L/2300UTC – Inter-island travel will be discontinued until further notice. All Travelers returning to the family island from Nassau or any of the island with Covid19 cased are required to quarantine for 14 days.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAY A WEEK BEGINNING JULY 27, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1100UTC – 1800L/2200UTC
- Family Island Locations – 0800L/1200UTC – 1700L/2100UTC
- MYEF (Exuma)Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
- MYSM (San Salvador) mysm@Odysseyaviation.com
- MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) firstname.lastname@example.org
- After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Priorapproval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Thank you for your understanding of the same. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to being of service. Please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.
Wishing you a great day.