To Our Valued Partners,
Trust all is well and you are all keeping safe and healthy.
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
On July 24, 2020 our Prime Minister addressed our nation and announced a number of measures being reinstated to Bahamas Protocols with reference to COVID-19.
All Islands Of The Bahamas With the exception of Grand Bahamas are open to Private International flights and charters. All Persons ( Bahamian, Residents, Home Owners & Visitors) Must Present Negative RT-PCR COVID-19 Test from an accredited lab and Complete an Electronic Health Visa and receive approval to be Granted Entry.
Until Further Notice – THE BELOW GUIDELINES REPLACE ALL PREVIOUS PROTOCOLS.
Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors.
Requirements for Aircrafts, Passengers and Crews entering the Bahamas.
Prior to Arrival
- RT-PCR COVID- 19 Molecular Swab Test with Negative Result (Required until further Notice) from an accredited lab.
- Effective July 9, 2020 test must be taken within a window of up to 10 days before travel The Bahamas.
- Test results (Negative) must be uploaded to online travel health form and presented upon arrival. Anyone presenting a test over ten (10) days upon arrival, will not be allowed entry into The Bahamas.
- Select Individuals will be exempt from Testing, which includes:-
- Children under the age of ten (10).
- Private pilots who do not deplane.
- Electronic Health Visa. All Travelers must complete a Travel Health Visa application online at https://travel.gov.bs/
- Forms must be filled out prior to travel. Visa applications take up to 72 hours to process and should be completed with adequate lead time.
- User will receive an automate response. An approved Health Visa will received a green code. Proof of confirmation must be presented upon arrival at destination.
- Failure to comply with the test requirements and health form submission will result in denied entry.
- Quarantine Required 14 days for all persons arriving and overnighting. Private residences and private yachts are considered approved quarantine facilities.
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights (Grand Bahama included).
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- (Passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation).
- All persons entering the country will continue to be monitored by the Ministry of Health.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
- Inter-Island Travel To Family Islands with the exception of Grand Bahamas (For more information visit https://www.opm.gov.bs ). All travelers traveling within the Bahamas are required to complete an electronic Health Visa prior to departure https://travel.gov.bs/domestic or at the time of check-in. Any airline or sea vessel operator who permits a passenger to board without wearing a face mask and without an approved Health Visa will face a fine of $500 per passenger not in compliance.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAY A WEEK BEGINNING JUNE 8, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) – info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com 0700/1100UTC – 1900L/2300UTC
- MYEF (Exuma) – Exuma@odysseyaviation.com , MYSM (San Salvador) – info.mysm@Odysseyaviation.com , MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) – firstname.lastname@example.org. 0800L/1200UTC – 1600L/2000UTC.
- After-Hour operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Thank you for your understanding of the same. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to being of service.
Please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.
Wishing you a great day.