Trust you are well and keeping safe and healthy.
Safety and Service has always been Odyssey Aviation’s philosophy, you can trust that we have implemented the most rigorous health and safety requirements, whilst continuing to provide the dependable Concierge and Aviation Ground Services you have come to rely on.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of our visitors, our team members and our citizens, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Bahamas and being of service.
Odyssey Aviation is a certified NATA, Safety 1st Clean FBO.
ODYSSEY AVIATION OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
UPDATE, JULY 7, 2020 – PROTOCOLS Until Further Notice –
(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
To Our Valued Partners,
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has implemented restrictions on air transportation throughout The Bahamas.
Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
On Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 The Bahamas entered into Phase 2 of the Tourism Plan.
Our international borders re-opened for international commercial flights. Info here-
All Islands Of The Bahamas Reopened to International Travel.
Visitors Must Present Negative COVID-19 RT PCR Molecular Swab Test and Complete an Electronic Health Visa to be Granted Entry.
Until Further Notice – THE BELOW GUIDELINES REPLACE ALL PREVIOUS PROTOCOLS –
Changes highlighted in yellow. Please find attached – Updated Testing Protocols for incoming visitors.
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors.
Requirements for Aircraft, Passengers and Crews entering the Bahamas.
Prior to Arrival
- COVID19 RT PCR Molecular Swab Test with Negative Result (Required until further Notice)
- Effective July 8th, 2020 test must be taken within a window of up to 10 days before travel to The Bahamas. To clarify, the date the test is administered is day 1.
- Test results must be uploaded to online travel health form and presented upon arrival.
- Select Individuals will be Exempt From Testing, which includes:-
- Children under the age of two (2).
- Children between 3 and 10 must take a test, unless proof is presented upon arrival that state/county does not administer tests for children in this age range.
- Private pilots who do not deplane.
Bahamians and Residents –
- Because of the difficulty in obtaining an RT PCR COVID-19 test result within three days, Bahamians and residents returning home from a trip abroad over a period of 72 hours or less are exempted from having to provide a PCR COVID-19 negative test result to re-enter the country. However, these travelers will have to quarantine for two weeks upon their return home.
- The period of quarantine time may be reduced if the traveler opts to take a COVID-19 RT PCR test upon arrival in The Bahamas and the result is negative.
- The traveler will be responsible for the cost of the test.
All Travelers must submit a travel health form online at https://travel.gov.bs/international before departure from the place of embarkation.
- Forms must be filled out prior to travel.
- User will receive an automate response.
- Failure to comply with the test requirements and health form submission will result in denied entry.
- Please review automated document received after completion of Travel Health Visa to ensure you have been approved to enter the country.
- The only persons approved to travel are those who have received a green color-coded response, as proof of travel.
- Failure to comply with the stated requirements will result in denied entry.
No Quarantine Required
- Bahamians and residents returning to The Bahamas from countries where they cannot obtain the COVID 19 RT PCR test, may be permitted entry. However, they must clearly demonstrate that the test was unavailable. They will also be subject to mandatory quarantine for fourteen days upon arrival in The Bahamas. However, these travelers will have to quarantine for two weeks upon their return home. The period of quarantine time may be reduced if the traveler opts to take a COVID-19 RT PCR test upon arrival in The Bahamas and the result is negative. The traveler will be responsible for the cost of the test.
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights.
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
(Passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation).
- All persons entering the country will continue to be monitored by the Ministry of Health.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
Inter-Island Travel To Family Islands For more information visit WWW.OPM.GOV.BS
Passengers travelling from New Providence, Grand Bahama and Bimini by aircraft, mailboat or passenger ferry will be required to complete a standardized travel form and a standardized health form online https://travel.gov.bs/domestic or at the time of check-in. These forms will be used to collect contact information and a COVID19 risk assessment for health officials.
ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS
HOURS Of OPERATION – 7 DAYS A WEEK Until Further Notice-
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
MYNN (Nassau) – info@mynn@Odysseyaviation.com 0700L/1100UTC – 1900L/2300UTC –
MYEF (Exuma) – Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
MYSM (San Salvador) – info@mysm@Odysseyaviation.com
MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) – email@example.com
Family Island Locations – 0800L/1200UTC – 1600L/2000UTC.
After-Hour operations –
- Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Thank you for your understanding,
Best wishes from all the Odyssey Aviation Team!
More useful links-
US Embassy, Nassau – https://bs.usembassy.gov/health-alert-the-bahamas/.
For UK and commonwealth- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
Please Also Follow Us On Social Media
Other useful links
Paragon Aviation Group