Updated Travel Restrictions – September 1st, 2020
To Our Valued Partners,
Trust all is well and you are all keeping safe and healthy. Kindly note updated BCAA email address for aircraft approvals firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into and throughout The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval to operate with specific guidelines.
New Guidelines are effective today – September 1, 2020.
Kindly refer to the websites below for The Bahamas Covid19 restrictions, protocols and updates.
https://www.opm.gov.bs/ ; https://opm.gov.bs/covid19/ & https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
All Islands Of The Bahamas with Ports of Entry are open to Private International flights and charters. Prior approval is required for flights – request to be forwarded to email@example.com .
All Persons (Bahamians, Residents, Home Owners & Visitors) Must Present Negative RT-PCR COVID-19 Test from an accredited lab within five(5) days of arrival, Complete an Electronic Health Visa and receive approval prior to arrival to be Granted Entry. 14-day mandatory Quarantine is required.
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for protocols – https://travel.gov.bs/international
- International Private Charter Flights Arriving Empty To Collect Passengers. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
- US Military, Emergency Medical Flights (Grand Bahama included).
- Private Pilots arriving and will be in country for less than 24 hours even if overnighting are requested to complete the Bahamas Travel Health Visa https://travel.gov.bs/and upload their pilot Identification. If you are in Country for less than 24 hours you do not require a RT-PCR Covid-19 Molecular Swab Test with negative results from an accredited lab but you will have to quarantine at you hotel facility.
- Cargo & Courier Flights. Private pilots who do not deplane, are not required to take the test.
Quarantine – 14-day mandatory quarantine is required. A private residence, rental property, hotel or private/chartered yacht are considered quarantine facilities.
- All persons must submit to monitoring and install the Hubbcat App on their cellular phones for purposes of contact tracing.
- After the 14 days, all persons intending to remain in the country will be required to complete another COVID-19 test, at their own expense, to exit quarantine.
- Wear a face mask – Entering and transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country may be subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- (Passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an on-site quarantine area for further evaluation).
- All persons entering the country will continue to be monitored by the Ministry of Health.
- Follow physical distancing directions.
Inter-Island Travel To & Within Family Islands.
Prior approval is required for flights – request to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
- (For more information visit https://www.opm.gov.bs/; https://opm.gov.bs/covid19/. All travelers traveling within the Bahamas are required to complete an electronic Health Visa prior to departure https://travel.gov.bs/domestic . Any airline or sea vessel operator who permits a passenger to board without wearing a face mask and without an approved Health Visa will face a fine of $500 per passenger not in compliance.
- All Travelers returning to the family islands from Nassau or any of the island with Covid19 cased are required to quarantine for 14 days.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – 7 DAY A WEEK BEGINNING JULY 27, 2020
All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
- MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1100UTC – 1800L/2200UTC
- Family Island Locations – 0800L/1200UTC – 1700L/2100UTC
- MYEF (Exuma)Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
- MYSM (San Salvador) info.mysm@Odysseyaviation.com
- MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) email@example.com
- After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
- Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Thank you for your understanding of the same. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our partners, our citizens and our employees.
We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to being of service. Please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.